CentrixPVP
Join 0 others at play.skybattle.netClick to copy!

Gladdid

Jul 15, 2017
As most of the community knows, I've been banned for "advertising" to a friend of mine via /msg, here is what exactly happened:
*** Gladdid: i wanna play prac pvp
+God yz5800: coldnetwork ?
*** Gladdid: premium
+God yz5800: so ?
+God yz5800: lol gimme the ip
*** Gladdid: juts google it
[me -> yz5800] (server ip) this is the ip u asked for
[yz5800 -> me] ty xD
*gets ipbanned for advertising* (which is also a false ban as advertising is only a ban)

And didjee removed my ipban right after that to a ban as it was a false ban, I personally feel like this rule was misused in this situation as the player himself recommended the server and he asked for the ip and, I sent it because I felt like it isn't a bannable offence as the person literally recommended the server and asked for the ip. I was also cautious as I didn't know if it was allowed at first,(that is why I said "this is the ip u asked for") but common sense told me that it wouldn't be bannable and of course GrindingSavage, (the admin that also false banned me a few weeks before hand, banned me). After a few days, the player "xxronxx" and possibly someone else told gs to ipban me as I "ban evaded",(he did with no proof another false ban), which I have proof of in this screenshot
(provided by a friend):
1562267734838.png

I feel like the rules have to be changed, or enhanced as, I think these things shouldn't be punishable and the rules aren't detailed in no way and can be 'abused' by staff members or misinterpreted, especially by a staff member like GrindingSavage that is very biased against me and we do not have a very good relationship with each other.

Last edited:

JUngle

Jul 17, 2017
Just how is that advertising? That yz person asked for the IP, clearly, and Gladdid sent it to him, P R I V A T E L Y. Did he type the ip in public chat? Did he force yz , in any way, to join that server? Or did yz just plainly request the ip? There's no fault on Gladdid's end, so why is he banned?

Honestly, can we please have someone from the higher-ups step in, and re-define what advertising is, coz it seems like there are some idiots who don't know what they are doing.

michael244

Factions Head
Staff member
Admin
Manager
Jul 15, 2017
Im not taking sides here just stating facts.
1. Advertising on the centrixpvp network in any way (this includes links and ips to other servers) is not allowed on the centrixpvp network.
2. It does not matter if he requested for the ip or not, Gladdid could have sent the ip via discord or other platforms of media.
3. In general the situation could have been handled differently or explained better before a punishment is given.
4. Punishments should NOT be given just because a staff member does not like a certain player (if there was any)
5. Gladdid, you have had a lot of previous punishments in the past for various things when a staff member and when you were not
6. The best chance of getting un-banned is through a unban appeal- not but making a public complaint about it
7. Overall this is not my punishment so I do not have any say.
8. Please pm me an explanation of the false bans and the accusations of abuse that came from said punisher

Cheers
-Michael244

Gladdid

Jul 15, 2017

JUngle

Jul 17, 2017
@michael244, you have to really look at the context. Applying that rule is really stupid here. There have been numerous other times when friends have shared ips between themselves, privately. It does matter that it was private, and that it was requested. No harm was done to anyone, grinding just wanted to pick a fight, if you can even call it a fight since it's so one sided lol. But seriously, I really doubt that any other staff member, including yourself, would issue a ban in this circumstance.

michael244

Factions Head
Staff member
Admin
Manager
Jul 15, 2017
like i said @JUngle I am interpreting this situation through the current rules. Honestly I think both sides are at fault

Gladdid

Jul 15, 2017
like i said @JUngle I am interpreting this situation through the current rules. Honestly I think both sides are at fault
Both sides at fault, yet I'm still the only one dealing with the punishments, seems like a fair system.

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
Hey,

As are rules state sharing any unrelated links of any sort (IPs Included) is consider as advertising. Gladdid you were the one who shared the IP even though it was requested by the other player...
As @michael244 said it could have been done thru a other platform LIKE Discord.

The Ban is fair in my eyes.

You claim that you were not ban evading but i quick check proofed that you might have, KingAss last seen: 5d20hr Gladdid last seen:5d22hr
But in the end it doesn't matter that much cause it keeps you from ban evading.

What we can do for you because you feel like the staff member who punished has something against you we will let a owner review your appeal instead of GrindingSavage.

best regards,
Tiaan.