CentrixPVP
Join 0 others at play.skybattle.netClick to copy!

Gladdid

Jul 15, 2017
As most of the community knows, Centrix has been dead a few months ago, but fortunately lately it's been rising in player count once again. This is surprising because in the entire of summer there has only been one server reset, which was skyblock and it's terrible due to mismanagement in the high-end of the staff team and as I will probably be leaving in a month or so, I would like to hopefully return to the server in the near future at a better state than it is currently and hopefully this post doesn't get ignored like one other post did 2 years ago.

The Staff Team
I've been in the staff team years ago, as well as recently and I know what it's like to be both a staff and a player, so my judgement of the state of the staff team should be accurate and unbiased.

Firstly, the rules have been outdated for years, such as; joking about breaking a rules can get a player banned, this can be seen from SopNex being banned for in a joking manner as a response to "soppy is here" he said "i hacked sopnex account huehue" and a staff member that saw that via social spy he decided to ban him with no investigation at all. Another problem is staff banning with lack of evidence, a good example that happened recently from Israeligamerpro was where a player tagged a moderator on discord saying that Israeligamerpro is ban evading (he was not banned to begin with), but he was banned either way with no evidence at all and the moderator took over 2 days to check his appeal, yet was so quick to ban him.

Another problem in the staff team is abuse from high-staff, such as an ex-admin that false banned me for a command that, I never abused in anyway(the reason was Abusing Illegal Permissions!) and of course he never got punished for it, even though it was clearly biased and the staff managers themselves know our past. Another recent event was from a current manager that false banned me for joking around and saying that a known and active player in the community is my alt, which of course was a biased ban as he was mad at me for resigning and not continuing the faction reset and another problem that the old players probably have brought up with the staff managers plenty of times is inactive staff members, since I've returned about 3-4 months ago, I have seen so many staff that haven't been active for months and are still not demoted, this isn't a good example to set, because it even demotivated myself into putting more effort as a staff member since, I know that you can go inactive for months and not get demoted for it, might as well not put as much effort in since I'll get promoted either way, although I'm quite sure that Kawithomas is working on it already.

The Server
This is the major problem that affects the majority of the player count and the usual players, staff that have no idea about the game-mode or how to use a config shouldn't just be given so much pressure, but instead guided by the owners or somebody with experience. Servers should also not be stalled like Prison that has been down for years, but not rushed like Skyblock where it's just a worse version of last reset with no updates. It is also very important to just clean your hands after you reset a game-mode, but add future updates to keep the server alive and things fresh by listening to what the community wants to be added, which in years of playing on Centrix, I have never seen any at all. A possible idea that would help reduce test timing and reduce bugs is by releasing beta, by whitelist the reset server to donators to help find bugs and help with testing and after the server seems in good quality, with little to no bugs the player data can be wiped and reset back. Also the state of Skywars which was one of the biggest gamemodes a few years ago is terrible and disappointing to see that the server took so many step backs, when they had so much potential in the gamemode.

Last edited:

ZoneRGH

Aug 20, 2017
Syria
Hey Gladdid,

I honestly couldn't comprehend some of what you were claiming about getting banned unintentionally (maybe I've got some mental issues). However, I do agree on most of your points, since you're a maven player of course. I can see some blindness in the "admitting" rule that most, if not all staff are chasing. That being said, if you claimed in any way (joking or not) that you're hacking or breaching any rule, that's enough to get you banned without any nitty gitty tiny investigation (this might annoy some, but it's the truth). Just like the rule that says if you swear to your friend publicly or privately (even if they didn't get offended), you're punished.

No wonder to see lots of procrastination in answering appeals, no matter how big an appeal might look like, it won't take more than a couple of minutes to get a response, and every single one of us has a few minutes FREE every single day. So why the procrastination if you've been tagged a million times for just a couple of lines for you to type?! This just means there's some arrogance and egotism in you as a PERSON.

Your topic about the server shows how maven you are to be honest. But frankly, just because you've donated doesn't mean you could test new stuff before launch. Why not employing TESTERS TEAM instead of employing everyone?

It's tiring to get into details with each part in this network, I guess the entire server needs a fresh new start from the scratch instead of just renewing and recycling.

Last edited:

bobthevillager

Jul 16, 2017
Europe
Unfortunately, Centrix is not anymore one of the top cracked servers on Minecraft. Is pretty obvious, 80% of the Centrix players, are people from the past, Donators, staff and Ex-Staff with a lot of memories on that server. Centrix became a place where the bureaucracy (On Staff-Team) and the corruption into the people created huge problems. Centrix needs a new plan with reforms and total upgrade on the game modes to gain the lost territory. I expect with the new resets, the leadership will face up most of the important problems and will lead the server to an overall upgrade.

bobthevi||ager, Well Known Member

didjee2

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Owner
Jul 16, 2017
- The ban for your /smite usage was somewhat justified. This is something that you shouldn't have been using, and you should've known it. It both was and wasn't a justified ban. You should've said you still had permission for it, but we on our end should've removed it in the first place. But you did get unbanned for this though.

- Agreed, Skyblock got rushed and was basically a downgrade to the previous Skyblock. Even by adding the Skyblock plugin I wanted to add it would've improved tons (but someone didn't want to).

- About the rules part, I do think people saying that they're hacking (or something similar) should be punished for it, even with "jk" in it. It's not even close to being funny.

- Resets are slow, ESPECIALLY Prison, but this was mainly due to just not starting the reset in the first place.
My personal goal is to start on the next reset one or two weeks after a server reset. So we have plenty of time to finish the reset and do not run weeks or months over time (it's easy to run overtime, due to waiting for a build (doesn't take that long though), but mostly due to us working slow on it)

- I do love the idea of a TESTERS TEAM, because now we use staff members for testing (for example in Prison), it would allow us to find more bugs yes. I don't really like a BETA for all donators, mainly because (quite) some people would get bored / leave after the BETA ends (those are my thoughs though, might be wrong)

- SkyWars does need a rework for sure, which should come in the very nearby future (testing for it).

mechoriet

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Jul 15, 2017
+ some of the resets where already in progress but we found some interesting information that certain versions are really bad so we needed to restart them on a other version(mostly a lower version) as a result that a lot of plugins and worlds where incompatible or are non maintained so new ones need to be found/tested if they do what we wanted the plugin to do

that also caused a lot of delayed especially for prison we have 2 reset servers from it
- the bad version
- the current version

that ofcourse doesnt justify the time it has taken already
and there are alot of other factors also not helping it.
servers that where randomly kicking players(still happening on some servers) from time to time and we still have no clue why it is happening we have a idea but the symtoms are not always the same on every server so its hard to find the problem

ddos attacks
botattacks

and just a week ago we found something in the auction a memoryleak that caused lots of memory usage for 0 reason
and other things similar to that
so that also took alot of hours to discover the issue
in different dumps of memory and then to check if it was resolved
on one server then deployed in the other servers that uses that plugin

^ this is not a excuse but some explenation

but its all time consuming

cause even the server that did not reset yet to the better stuff are not crashing from what i saw
except creative that i have seen

Last edited:

Nestirium

Jul 16, 2019
Hey Gladdid,

I honestly couldn't comprehend some of what you were claiming about getting banned unintentionally (maybe I've got some mental issues). However, I do agree on most of your points, since you're a maven player of course. I can see some blindness in the "admitting" rule that most, if not all staff are chasing. That being said, if you claimed in any way (joking or not) that you're hacking or breaching any rule, that's enough to get you banned without any nitty gitty tiny investigation (this might annoy some, but it's the truth). Just like the rule that says if you swear to your friend publicly or privately (even if they didn't get offended), you're punished.

No wonder to see lots of procrastination in answering appeals, no matter how big an appeal might look like, it won't take more than a couple of minutes to get a response, and every single one of us has a few minutes FREE every single day. So why the procrastination if you've been tagged a million times for just a couple of lines for you to type?! This just means there's some arrogance and egotism in you as a PERSON.

Your topic about the server shows how maven you are to be honest. But frankly, just because you've donated doesn't mean you could test new stuff before launch. Why not employing TESTERS TEAM instead of employing everyone?

It's tiring to get into details with each part in this network, I guess the entire server needs a fresh new start from the scratch instead of just renewing and recycling.
Love +1