CentrixPVP
Join 0 others at play.skybattle.netClick to copy!

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
At the start of this year i stopped playing minecraft, exploring other games etc... also school kept me pretty busy too.
But i Started playing minecraft recently again and when i joined the server it was "Dead".
Usually there was 1000+ players online when i last played on Centrix now +-150 players.

Did i miss something some event which caused the hole server downfall
Also congraz @didjee2 on Owner...

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017

MinerMaster

Lead Manatee
Jul 15, 2017
The Sea
Thanks, kind off already read that, but i dont think that's the only reason why the server lost most of their player base.
older management team aswell as broken / failed resets killed the server, aswell as occassional attacks or crashes

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
How so.. The staff team is a bit small but i think Didjee is the rigth person to take over and rivive the server

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
Is the bot attacks causing the servers down time?

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
There's a lot of them out there but the problem is, they are being attacked with a bot network, so theirs no way of telling which is a bot and which is a player...

Coolguy74

Sep 16, 2018
There's a lot of them out there but the problem is, they are being attacked with a bot network, so theirs no way of telling which is a bot and which is a player...

i have thought of this for a while about it and the only way i see past the issues to see who is a player and who is a bot is by using a whitelist.
Create a whitelist.
When they try to join the server it kicks them with the reason not whitelisted and they have to add them selves to it by visiting a websiteOn the website they have to enter their Minecraft username and do a anti-bot test (those annoying things you have to selected the images).It's better then not having a server offline 24/7.
Great Idea, By making the users join a website or have some second form of authentication, will help prevent such stupid bot joins.
I think you should look around, maybe find one that uses Captcha or entering a code in order to join the server?

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
Well i just messaged a jr.dev and it seems to be that it isn't the bots causing the issue it is actually a issues the are having with skins...

But it causing the entire network to crash...

Coolguy74

Sep 16, 2018
Well i just messaged a jr.dev and it seems to be that it isn't the bots causing the issue it is actually a issues the are having with skins...

But it causing the entire network to crash...
Damn, they must be having tons of trouble... I understand how they feel, I have my own server and its so easy for one thing to ruin the whole server.

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
Yep i also had an network like this my self just on a smaller scale plus im a developer so i just leave them to it not nagging about the server that is offline... some people don't understand that fixing errors that crashes the whole network is not normal...
Usaly only one server crashes or spam the console with errors...

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
you can be patient. It's not easy to clear a team of staff who tries to do everything they can
We are patient and i see no promblem with the staff team... i know a few of the staff members and they are all pretty cool people, don't see any problem with staff trying to do everything they possible they can do.

alph4legend

Jun 21, 2018
Lithuania
We are patient and i see no promblem with the staff team... i know a few of the staff members and they are all pretty cool people, don't see any problem with staff trying to do everything they possible they can do.
It can take a few days for this problem to be resolved because the team has something else that did not, and does not see everything and I do not think they are currently working on this issue.

Tk2000

Server-Manger
Staff member
Admin
Helper
Developer
Owner
Builder
Jr-developer
Forum Manager
Manager
Nov 8, 2017
It can take a few days for this problem to be resolved because the team has something else that did not, and does not see everything and I do not think they are currently working on this issue.
The issues of the servers crashing has been fixed yesterday...